Monday, June 24, 2013

Selfless Faith

Does anyone want to know what True Prayer takes? Are you up for it?

True Prayer takes Selfless Faith.
What is Selfless Faith? You might ask.

Selfless Faith, is Not depending upon your own abilities,
but relying completely on the The Lord.

Selfless:  Having little, or no concern for oneself.
Faith: Confidence, or trust in a person or thing.

The other day, I was watching T.V with my younger siblings, and the show was saying, "Just believe in yourself! You can do it!" Then later that night, I was watching Star Trek with my older siblings, and the Older Spock, said to the younger Spock, "Let go of logic, for once. Trust your heart."
What is the biblical take on this?
Isaiah 5:21
"Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight."
"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure."
 How many of us depend upon our own strength?
Honestly ask yourself. 
Don't just think, "Oh, I'm a Christian. I don't depend on my own strength."
No. We all do it.
Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..." 
Not, "I can do all things through Me, who strengthens me."
We all do what is right in our own eyes at one time or another. But, it's how we deal with it that matters. Dealing with it, starts with acknowledging that we need God's wisdom day in and day out.
Remember. Selfless Faith isn't something you can get over night. You can't "snap" your fingers and have perfect faith. It is daily striving for what the LORD sees is right. 

Selfless Faith.

Just remember.
" Many people will scorn. Many will mock.
But, as for me, I will pray and continue in my walk"

-Marley Rosen 

No comments:

Post a Comment