Friday, June 21, 2013


Wow, is it June already? Mid-June! Time sure flies.
Time for the EOTM! (Encouragement Of The Month)


Pray

“Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue. Gods voice in response to mine is its most essential part.”



Prayer is The most powerful thing in the world!
When you pray, you need to realize, that you're not just wishing.
You are calling on the name of The Lord Jesus Christ! No more, “Now I lay me down to sleep...” Etc...
Hear me out. I'm not saying that praying the same prayer over, and over, and over again is necessarily bad, (Believe me, I do it all the time.) But it isn't a willy-nilly thing. It's serious.
I'm pretty sure if you go to a country where Christianity or Judaism, is illegal, you won't hear... “Now I lay me down to sleep...” You'll probably hear, “Lord Save us! Help us! Forgive them,”
Genuine prayer!
Yes, we ask God for things. But, there is a difference between, Asking, and Complaining.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Says, “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
 Wait a minute. Did he just say, “Give thanks in ALL things?”











That's asking too much!!! 
I can't give thanks for EVERYTHING! I'm too bored.




Yes you can.
I'm challenging everyone.
I challenge YOU.

Many people will scorn. Many people will mock.
As for me, I will pray. And continue in my walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment