Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Why I Stopped saying the word, "Struggle."


How many of us have said, "Please pray for me, I'm really struggling with ______?"
or "Yeah, I've really been struggling with ________."


 Psychology studies have proven that the words we speak over ourselves impact us in an incredible way.
For example; close your eyes and whisper the word "peace." Do it!
Did you feel relaxed? Did you exhale? Did you feel happy? Different words have an affect on us. Especially if we speak the words to someone. When we speak them to someone, it makes them fact.

Sometimes, I can get really depressed. Like, lock myself in my room and cry for no reason kind of depressed. The temptation can arise to text a family member and say, "Pray for me, I'm really depressed." But that's accepting the fact I'm depressed and not rebuking it. Reminding myself its the evil one trying to steal my identity as a child of God.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that asking for prayer is letting the devil win. It's a very good thing! But a lot of times we use the excuse of a prayer to create a pity party and send out the invites. We're speaking his lies over ourselves and making them truth. We're giving Satan the power.

I noticed that I would say, "Please pray, I'm struggling." Then I thought of the word, "Struggle," and something inside me just hated it! Like I was tasting something bitter and I wanted to spit it out.

Struggle means your having a difficult time in resisting something. It means you're trying to fight, but you're losing. LOSING?!
I realized that every time I said I was struggling, I was speaking defeat over myself. I was speaking defeat over my condition. Instead of speaking victory. How could I be speaking from a place of defeat, when I have the Spirit of the Savior who ended death alive inside of me?! How could I?

I fight sin. I battle it. I don't struggle with it. Because I WIN!

13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Phil. 3:13-14

I hope that encourages some of you! Have a splendid new year! And Win!

~Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment