Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Flexiblity






I have to admit, this is not my best quality.
Let's just say if plans change quickly, I'm not the one in the family who is up and ready for the challenge.
AND GOD KCNOW'S THIS!
I believe that the Lord take our weaknesses and makes them our strengths. I also believe that He has a sense of humor.
My family and I just moved to Kansas because my dad took a pastoring job at a church there.
So our first week came and we woke up, and were about to eat breakfast, when I received a call from my dad at the church. He said that one of the services needed a Bassist for the band and fast! I rushed to my bedroom, dressed and did my makeup in less than 15 min. and was out the door.
When I got there, the tech guy said I had 20 min. to practice then I had to go to the first service to be introduced with the rest of the fam. (The Services run back to back.) So we practiced, then I rushed across the street to the church. (One service is across the street in the community center and then the other two are at the church.) So we went onto the stage and dad introduced us, and then I had to run across the street again and be ready to play. I played, then I had to go back across the street to the last service. After the sermon we mingled with the people there, then I had to go back across the street to get my bass and amp and had to walk to my dad's car which happened to be on the other side of the parking lot. When I got there, I put my instruments in the car then closed the door and slumped down in the seat to catch my breath.
Not to mention all of this walking was done in heels! I got blisters. Not fun.

Needless to say, I had a pretty hectic first week!

When you're not flexible, you're easily broken.
How do you make spaghetti? You put the hard long noodles into boiling water. Why? to soften them so they're easier to chew.
Just like stiff noodles, The Lord puts us through hard tasks to soften us. And when we're willing to bend, God gives us his hand to help us back up.

-Marley



No comments:

Post a Comment