Thursday, February 6, 2014

"I love you...Or do I?"

Valentines Day is coming up next week. Let's talk love. :)



1 Corinthians 13
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. ...

Another word for Love is Yearning or Desire. So let's go back and replace the word love with desire.

They say All is fair in Love and War. But Love IS War. If It's really love, then it's worth fighting for.  Sorry, let's say that again. If it's true DESIRE, then it's worth fighting for. Or even dying for. Am I right?
What's the first thing you think of when I mention the word Love? Maybe a kiss? A hug? Dancing in a gazebo under rain? Well those could be love, but how many of us have experienced a meaningless kiss or hug? Right? Or Maybe you've dished it? But It has to start with YOU.
The way to says I Love You are...

1. Die to yourself

There is only one way to say I love you, die to yourself. What did Jesus do to show His love? He went and died. What did Romeo and Juliet do? They died.
True Love is to stop loving yourself, and focus entirely on the person who you YEARN for. Or DESIRE. Who you Love.
Go die to yourself and see what happens... I dare you!

-Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment