Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hair Trim

What do you feel when God convicts or prompts you?

I don't know about you, but a lot of times when God prompts me to witness to someone, I'm constantly making excuses."God, I'm too young,"  "I'm too weird,"  "It's awkward," "I'm in the check-out line!" They all revert back to lies.

A few weeks ago, my mom and I went to a salon to get a Hair Trim.
We went inside and waited, and I read some magazines. I was called back to a room filled with other salon ladies. (I don't know what they're called, Barberess'?) Anyway, I sat down in the chair and my mom sat in another chair right at the next station.
STOP!
I know what you're thinking. I know what's tick'n in those little brains of yours.
"This story is boring. When does it end?!?!" 
DO NOT worry! I am going somewhere.

PROCEED!
As The "Barberess" swooped and placed the backwards cape thingy on me, the Lord started to prompt me to witness to her. And I was like, "Oh, Lord. Do not make me witness to her!!!"
Still the Lord continued to prompt me. "God, I'm not qualified to talk to her! My mother is sitting right there, it's just too awkward!" As I was making these excuses, my mom said, "Honey, daddy's calling me, I need to step outside. I'll be right back." I'm like, "IT'S A SIGN!!! IT'S A SIGN!!!" 
So I started asking her if she went to church anywhere, and she said that she belonged to a baptist church, but she never went. My brain started to roll, and I started asking questions and answering a few, and I told her about my family's ministry. She seemed interested, and wrote down our website!
(By the way, if you're wondering, she did pretty well with my hair. ;)
Who knows, that girl, might have been going thru a rough time, and wasn't trusting in the Lord.
Maybe if I didn't speak, she would've gone down the wrong path?
Satan is so crafty. He uses The LIES that we believe to hinder us from doing God's work.

The other day, my sister was going to clean out a chicken coop, and she had to get the chickens out. When she let them out, to her surprise, they ran right back into the cage! Why didn't they make a run for it? She thought.
It's like us and our LIES. A lot of times our LIES become our comforts. Like the chickens, when we get the freedom to leave our cage of deceit, we run right back and get trapped again.
How can we change that?

HERE ARE SOME WAYS TO CONQUER THE LIES THAT WE BELIEVE:

1. Expose the LIE/LIES. Sin is like a weed. When kept in the dark and hidden, it grows and roots itself deep within you. But, when brought into the intense sun, it withers and dies.

2. Scripture Combat! Take each LIE you've discovered, and look up scripture to weigh it in the scale of truth, and if it comes out 2 lbs short, then POW! into it's Patookas!

3. Write an Identity statement.
If your lie was, I'm Ugly, Dumb, and Everyone Hates me. Your IDENTITY STATEMENT would be... My Name is _________ I'm a beautiful woman/man of God, I'm smart in my own way, and even if the world comes crashing down, God still adores me!

 4. Find an accountability partner. When you have lies creeping into you, an accountability partner can help you to fight them off. And you'll both be like ninja's who haven't had their coffee yet.












No comments:

Post a Comment